- 1 large white onion
- 2 Shallots
- 6C Chicken Stock
- 3 Cans white Beans
- 3 bay Leaves
- 2 Springs Rosemary
- salt & pepper
- 1 Packet Proscuitto
- chop and saute the onion & shallots over a medium heat for 8mins.
- Add the stock, beans, bay leaves, rosemary & 1/2 the packet of Proscuitto.
- Bring to a simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove the bay leaves & rosemary & roughly blend the soup.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Use the remaining prosciutto as garnish
- Serve with crusty baguette
(Recipe from Runners World)
- 12 eggs
- 12 sheets prosciutto
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- A handful baby kale
- salt & pepper
- Line a muffin tin with the prosciutto sheets
- add a little diced red pepper and baby kale onto the prosciutto
- crack a single egg into each one
- top with a little salt and pepper
- bake at 375 degrees for 15 min
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- 2-3 pre-cooked sausages (sliced)
- 4 pieces pre-cooked bacon (chopped)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried bail
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 4C chicken stock
- 1 can white beans
- 4C kale (chopped)
- 10 large pre-cooked shrimp
- parmesan (grated to taste)
- Olive Oil
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and saute for 5 mins.
- Add the sausages, bacon and garlic and saute until brown.
- Next add the dried basil, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper and saute for 1 min.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock and white beans and simmer on a low heat for 20 mins.
- Turn the heat off, add the kale & shrimp and leave covered with a lid for a further 3 mins.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese on.
Below serves 3-4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- medium onion (diced)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 C Parsley
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp cumin (heaped)
- 1 14oz can black beans
- 1 C chicken broth
- 2 red chillies (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsbp grated fresh ginger
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 C crumbled feta
- 1 14oz can tinned tomatoes (strained of juice)
- Additional lime quarters (for serving)
- Set the rice to cook in a rice cooker or pot
- In a pot, over medium heat, add the onion & garlic, stir occasionally until softened, around 5 min
- Add the ground coriander & cumin, stir for 1min
- Add the beans, broth, chillies & tinned tomatoes, bring to boil & reduce to simmer for 10min
- Mash beans down and stir in the grated ginger, lime juice & lime zest and let sit for another 1-2min
- Serve rice with the beans & top with the parsley, avocado, lime quarters & crumbled feta on top.
Adapted from a recipe by Heather Christo
Below serves 2
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Tiger Shrimp 10-12
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C lite coconut milk
- Fish sauce (dash)
- Rice noodles (enough for 2!)
- 6 white button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Combine the ginger, curry paste & 1tbsp oil in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a pot, heat the curry paste/ginger mix over medium heat, frying the paste gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth & lite coconut milk with the dash of fish sauce.
- Add the mushrooms & red peppers, bring to the boil and reduce gently to simmer (for around 5 mins.)
- While this is happening in a separate pan pour boiling water onto the dry noodles, let them soften, rinse well & set aside (portioned off into the 2 bowls.)
- In a frying pan heat the garlic with the remaining 1tbsp oil over a medium heat, add the shrimp and cook till lightly pink, but not overcooked! (this can happen alongside the noodles)
- Once cooked add the shrimp to the broth, remove from the heat and allow to stand for 1-2min.
- Pour over the noodles in the bowl and garnish with the coriander & spring onion.
Prep & cooking time – less than 30 minutes total.
Based on a recipe from RunnersWorld
- 3/4 – 1lb shrimp
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can white beans
- 1 large can tinned chopped tomatoes
- handful chopped fresh basil
- A few chipotle peppers (canned) add more if you want it spicier!
Heat a pan over medium heat. Add shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil and paprika (fry for 1-2mins). Add half the garlic in the last few seconds of cooking. Set aside in a bowl.
Return the pan to the heat; add 1 tablespoons oil, bay leaf, and remaining garlic. Cook till garlic is golden. Add tomatoes, chipotle peppers & tomato paste; cook till tomato mixture darkens. Add beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and basil, cook till heated through.
Serve with a baguette.