Quick & easy!
- 3 C cooked Quinoa
- 3 Carrots (peeled & diced)
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 can Black Beans (rinsed well)
- 1/2 – 1 C chopped fresh Parsley
- 2 – 4 tbsp minced Jalapeño ( I used ones out of a Jar)
- juice of 2 Lemons.
- 1/4C (or slightly less) Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 tsp Cajun Spice
First combine all the ingredients listed above into a large bowl and stir well (apart from the Quinoa, Olive Oil & Salt) .
Lastly add the Quinoa & Olive Oil into the same bowl, stir in well and then season to taste with Salt.
I’ve found this keeps OK in the fridge for up to 2 days without drying out too much as the Olive Oil helps keep things moist.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. This recipe makes 14 muffins.
In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- 2 1/4C Spelt Flour (or any regular flour)
- 1/2C Oats
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda (although i forgot to add this and it turned out ok!)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1C slivered almonds (can sub for any other nuts)
- 1C raisins (can sub for any other dried fruit)
- 1/2C Pumpkin seeds (can sub for any other seeds)
In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- 1/3C Butter OR Margarine OR Coconut Oil
- 1C Apple sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2C Maple Syrup
- 3 small carrots (grated)
- 1 apple (grated)
Combine the wet & the dry ingredients together in one large bowl. Use a non-stick cooking spray in your muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins then remove and cool. Wrap the muffins individually in plastic wrap and store in the fridge as they dry out easily.
Recipe lightly adapted from here