(Recipe from Runners World)
- 12 eggs
- 12 sheets prosciutto
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- A handful baby kale
- salt & pepper
- Line a muffin tin with the prosciutto sheets
- add a little diced red pepper and baby kale onto the prosciutto
- crack a single egg into each one
- top with a little salt and pepper
- bake at 375 degrees for 15 min
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. This recipe makes 14 muffins.
In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- 2 1/4C Spelt Flour (or any regular flour)
- 1/2C Oats
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda (although i forgot to add this and it turned out ok!)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1C slivered almonds (can sub for any other nuts)
- 1C raisins (can sub for any other dried fruit)
- 1/2C Pumpkin seeds (can sub for any other seeds)
In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- 1/3C Butter OR Margarine OR Coconut Oil
- 1C Apple sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2C Maple Syrup
- 3 small carrots (grated)
- 1 apple (grated)
Combine the wet & the dry ingredients together in one large bowl. Use a non-stick cooking spray in your muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins then remove and cool. Wrap the muffins individually in plastic wrap and store in the fridge as they dry out easily.
Recipe lightly adapted from here
Really easy to make, and ingredients can be added or subbed, as it’s very forgiving. Very similar to the muffin recipe from before, but this time it`s Vegan.
- 2 Bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 cups Spelt Flour (you could use whole wheat or all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- Pre heat the oven to 350.
- In a Bowl Combine the dry ingredients (Ground Flax, Spelt Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Raisins & Salt.) In another bowl combine the wet ingredients (Bananas, Canola Oil, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract & Apple Sauce.) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Grease a 9″ loaf pan (or equivalent) and spoon in mixture.
- Bake for around 40-50 mins (a fork through the centre should come out clean.)
- Total prep & cooking time – 60 mins