Quick & easy!
- 3 C cooked Quinoa
- 3 Carrots (peeled & diced)
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 can Black Beans (rinsed well)
- 1/2 – 1 C chopped fresh Parsley
- 2 – 4 tbsp minced Jalapeño ( I used ones out of a Jar)
- juice of 2 Lemons.
- 1/4C (or slightly less) Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 tsp Cajun Spice
First combine all the ingredients listed above into a large bowl and stir well (apart from the Quinoa, Olive Oil & Salt) .
Lastly add the Quinoa & Olive Oil into the same bowl, stir in well and then season to taste with Salt.
I’ve found this keeps OK in the fridge for up to 2 days without drying out too much as the Olive Oil helps keep things moist.
This can be served as a side salad or as the main dish. Today I prepared it along with some Dolmades
- 1 – 398ml can of ChickPeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups grated Carrot
- 2 small Red Peppers, diced
- 3 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup Cilantro
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Combine the Chickpeas, Carrot, Red Pepper, Avocado, Raisins & Spring Onions into a large bowl. Add the Cilantro, Red Wine Vinegar, Cumin, Salt & Pepper and mix through thoroughly.
- I tend to vary the quantities of Raisins, Cilantro, Red Wine Vinegar & Cumin depending on how I feel, so there are no hard & fast rules here.
- Total prep time – 10 mins