Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. This recipe makes 14 muffins.
In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- 2 1/4C Spelt Flour (or any regular flour)
- 1/2C Oats
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda (although i forgot to add this and it turned out ok!)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1C slivered almonds (can sub for any other nuts)
- 1C raisins (can sub for any other dried fruit)
- 1/2C Pumpkin seeds (can sub for any other seeds)
In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- 1/3C Butter OR Margarine OR Coconut Oil
- 1C Apple sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2C Maple Syrup
- 3 small carrots (grated)
- 1 apple (grated)
Combine the wet & the dry ingredients together in one large bowl. Use a non-stick cooking spray in your muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins then remove and cool. Wrap the muffins individually in plastic wrap and store in the fridge as they dry out easily.
Recipe lightly adapted from here