Tag Archive | bacon
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- 2-3 pre-cooked sausages (sliced)
- 4 pieces pre-cooked bacon (chopped)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried bail
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 4C chicken stock
- 1 can white beans
- 4C kale (chopped)
- 10 large pre-cooked shrimp
- parmesan (grated to taste)
- Olive Oil
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and saute for 5 mins.
- Add the sausages, bacon and garlic and saute until brown.
- Next add the dried basil, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper and saute for 1 min.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock and white beans and simmer on a low heat for 20 mins.
- Turn the heat off, add the kale & shrimp and leave covered with a lid for a further 3 mins.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese on.