Tag Archive | cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 lbs Fresh Tiger Shrimp (or equivalent)
- 1 Lemon (zest grated & juiced)
- 4 Large White Button Mushrooms (optional, down to personal preference)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 or 3 tbsp Soft Goats Cheese
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Rice (I used basmati)
- Salt (pinch, to taste)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Over a medium heat add the olive oil & partially cook the sliced garlic for 1-2 mins. Add the mushrooms & red pepper and cook for 3-5mins. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add the Shrimp, lemon juice, grated lemon zest, chopped parsley & salt. Continue cooking through until the shrimp is done (be careful not to over cook the shrimp, it should be pink throughout but not rubbery) Remove from heat & stir in the soft goats cheese. Serve over the rice with fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- This dish can also be prepared with noodles or linguine instead of rice.
- Total cooking time – 35 mins