Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. This recipe makes 14 muffins.
In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- 2 1/4C Spelt Flour (or any regular flour)
- 1/2C Oats
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda (although i forgot to add this and it turned out ok!)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1C slivered almonds (can sub for any other nuts)
- 1C raisins (can sub for any other dried fruit)
- 1/2C Pumpkin seeds (can sub for any other seeds)
In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- 1/3C Butter OR Margarine OR Coconut Oil
- 1C Apple sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2C Maple Syrup
- 3 small carrots (grated)
- 1 apple (grated)
Combine the wet & the dry ingredients together in one large bowl. Use a non-stick cooking spray in your muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins then remove and cool. Wrap the muffins individually in plastic wrap and store in the fridge as they dry out easily.
Recipe lightly adapted from here
I always used to throw the Halloween pumpkin seeds away, but this year I thought i’d try and do something with them. Turns out toasted pumpkin seeds are really tasty… who knew!
- 1 Large Pumpkin, seeds rinsed
- 2 tbsp Butter, Margerine or Oil
- Salt, to personal preference
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Pre-Boil the pumpkin seeds for 10 mins in Salt Water.
- Spread the melted Butter, Margerine or Oil onto a baking tray, spread the seeds out on top and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 mins, turning half way through, until browned.
- Can be enjoyed whole, no need to shell.
- Total cooking time – 30 mins