- 1 large white onion
- 2 Shallots
- 6C Chicken Stock
- 3 Cans white Beans
- 3 bay Leaves
- 2 Springs Rosemary
- salt & pepper
- 1 Packet Proscuitto
- chop and saute the onion & shallots over a medium heat for 8mins.
- Add the stock, beans, bay leaves, rosemary & 1/2 the packet of Proscuitto.
- Bring to a simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove the bay leaves & rosemary & roughly blend the soup.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Use the remaining prosciutto as garnish
- Serve with crusty baguette
Adapted from a recipe by Heather Christo
Below serves 2
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Tiger Shrimp 10-12
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C lite coconut milk
- Fish sauce (dash)
- Rice noodles (enough for 2!)
- 6 white button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Combine the ginger, curry paste & 1tbsp oil in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a pot, heat the curry paste/ginger mix over medium heat, frying the paste gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth & lite coconut milk with the dash of fish sauce.
- Add the mushrooms & red peppers, bring to the boil and reduce gently to simmer (for around 5 mins.)
- While this is happening in a separate pan pour boiling water onto the dry noodles, let them soften, rinse well & set aside (portioned off into the 2 bowls.)
- In a frying pan heat the garlic with the remaining 1tbsp oil over a medium heat, add the shrimp and cook till lightly pink, but not overcooked! (this can happen alongside the noodles)
- Once cooked add the shrimp to the broth, remove from the heat and allow to stand for 1-2min.
- Pour over the noodles in the bowl and garnish with the coriander & spring onion.
Prep & cooking time – less than 30 minutes total.
Frozen peas are fine to use with this one. Don’t be afraid to be generous with the mint & goat yogurt
- 1TBSP Olive oil
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 cups stock (veggie or chicken)
- 1 packet frozen peas (3 cups fresh if in season)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint ++
- 1-2 TSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup goat yogurt ++
- Over a medium heat warm the olive oil.
- Add the leek, garlic & some fresh ground pepper – 5 mins.
- Add the broth, bring to the boil then add the peas – cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat, add the mint leaves and let stand for 10 mins.
- Blend the soup, stir in the lemon juice and goat yogurt.
- Add salt to taste