Tag Archive | tuna
makes 6-8 portions. (Costs are very approx) Quick easy comfort food & portions can be easily frozen.
- 600g brown rice pasta (penne or rigatoni)
- 50g margarine
- 200g Lactose free strong chedder cheese OR vegan cheese
- 50g Manchego sheeps cheese OR vegan cheese
- 1/2 C Spelt flour
- 600ml lactose free skim milk (or soy milk)
- 2 x 160g Tuna
- 1 can corn
- 1 zucchini diced.
- chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta to within 2 mins of cooking time, drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt the margarine in a pan over a medium heat. Stir the in flour (1 min) then gradually stir in all the milk. Add all of but 1 handful of the cheese. (cheese is grated)
- Mix the pasta, sauce, tuna, corn, zucchini & parsley in a large baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook for 20-25 mins or until the cheese on top is brown.
- Total cooking time – 40 mins